For nearly 20 years, Dreamstime has provided high-quality images to clients in the creative market—from independent customers in the private sector to Fortune 500 companies.
Dreamstime is one of the easiest sites to navigate around and it accepts contributions from all levels of photographers. But of course, your submissions will go through a screening process to make sure you don’t violate the site rules. For instance, you can’t upload violent or copyrighted content. But if you follow all the guidelines, you can expect to make money once your images are online.
Sometimes a newspaper might be searching for a simple or illustrative image rather than a high art photograph, and that’s where Dreamstime is useful. Upload all your photos to here, and you will have a great chance of a sale.
At Dreamstime you get to create and curate your galleries. That way, you have more control selling photos online. You can think of this agency more as a hosting site in that sense.
It’s important to note that the site’s image vetting process is a bit more stringent than other sites, so make sure that you only upload your highest quality photos.
The commission scheme is similar scheme to the other stock sites: it depends directly on whether the uploaded content is exclusive or non-exclusive. Exclusive images enjoy a higher earning percentage. It also depends on how many times the photo has been downloaded, or in other words, if the image ranks as popular. One requirement is that you must have at least 70% of your portfolio on the site for at least six months.
- Dreamstime lets you sell photos, illustrations, videos, and even audio clips.
- The base commission for non-exclusive photos is between 25% and 50%.
- For exclusive photos, you will earn 60% per download and also get paid 20 cents for each accepted upload allowing you to make money before you even make your first sale!
If you do sign exclusivity deal, you’ll also receive an additional bonus of $0.20 for your first 100 approved submissions. You can only request payments through the official website after the payment amount has reached $100.
Upload and Approval
- Photographers must be approved to get started, then are given access to an FTP to upload their images to.
- Images must be at least three megapixels, and can also be rejected for excessive noise and other quality issues.
- Photographers have an approval rating. Those with a higher rating can upload the maximum number of images per week, though profiles with low ratings are much more limited in their number of uploads.
- Exclusive contributors are also granted additional uploads.
Dreamstime also offers photography and design contests that allow you to win prizes for your work. To make uploading photos easy, you can also use the Apple and Android apps to upload photos on the fly.
Submit your pictures: https://www.dreamstime.com/sell-stock-photos-images