500px is one of the best places to sell photos online. It is an online marketplace that helps you create a portfolio of your images and earn money. It is used by a lot of big-name photographers and businesses. This free site has an algorithm that increases your exposure by adding your new uploads to a discovery page, which is viewed by thousands of visitors each day. Furthermore, it has a ‘like’ and ‘photo view’ area that show you the ranking and views of your images.
The site also provides analytics and tracking services so that you can see how your images are faring compared to those by your competitors. 500px can help you find answers to your questions like : How many clicks your images receive ? How you rank in comparison to your peers?
Using this platform, you receive detailed data on where these interactions are coming from. All the stats you see can be helpful when it comes to selling your work
Here you can create an absolutely free portfolio and showcase your best works. They claim to have over fifteen million photographers. There are lots of amazing contests you can easily take part in
It features high-quality photos in a range of different disciplines. Users can advertise their photography skills and promote their work to potential clients. Moreover, users can sell their images directly through licensing. There are no submission fees, and the commission is split between exclusive, and non-exclusive images.
The first step is to join the 500px community. An account is free, and it’s simple to sign up. You can then go about licensing and uploading your photos.
Some important features of 500x site are :
- 500x is a partially exclusive photo-sharing platform, meaning you can choose whether you want to sell a particular photo exclusively or not.
- If you license the images exclusively with 500px, you’ll get 60% of the revenue, but if you list the image on any other sites, you’ll get 30% commission.
- Generally photographers would not choose an exclusive deal as it will limit their freedom to sell the photo
- Your images may appear in big-name ad campaigns if you submit them for commercial licensing.
- Customer have options to either download a desktop version of the photo and or they buy a canvas print of it. Both are at fixed-price.
- You can upload as many images as you want.
- All content submitted to the site is royalty free, meaning it’s licensed for unlimited, perpetual use. Pricing is based on file size.
- All submitted photos need to be approved for sale by a real person – so there can sometimes be a bit of wait to hear if the pictures have made it on to the platform.
- You can easily see what has sold, how much for, what your payment will be and when it is due to hit your bank account.
- Images submitted to 500px are also distributed through Getty Images.
- 500px is also a community-based platform for amateur and professional photographers. You can follow other photographers, list your photos in their marketplace, and participate in Photo Quest competitions for prizes.
The 500px mobile app works with both Android and Apple devices. It’s possible to upload up to 20 images per week and you retain the copyright.
Click here to join